Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thursday, November 11th
I just had an epic battle with a giant black spider... to the death! Luckily I’m the one still standing. I feel like this journal is more of a journal on my war on bugs and lizards than anything else. I guess its fitting because that mostly sums up my free time here. I actually factor it into my schedule: after dinner plan lessons for tomorrow; battle the creature of the night; brush teeth; go to bed. 
One more for the bug journal... apparently for the last 20 minutes, I have been eating a Pringles can full of cashews and red ants. As i’m still finding bits of cashew in my mouth I can’t help but think i’m digging tiny ants out of my teeth. I’m thinking that chugging hot black coffee with wipe out any that survived ingestion. And the saga continues....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ang,
    Reading your blog totally brought me back to when I first moved to Botswana. I felt totally the same way. "What did I do, Why did I do this" Trust me it will get better just hang in there and then you won't want to leave. I hope we can try to skype soon.
    Love you!
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete